Monday, 13 July 2009

13th July photo - my cookery books

Not very exciting today - but these are what I see each time I go into my kitchen - my cookery books. They sit on the worktop next to the cooker and tempt me every day to open them. Unfortunately I am not very good at experimenting with new recipes - I tend to stick to the old faithful ones. My most used cookbook is a very old Good Housekeeping one (covered in the brown flowered sticky back plastic!) that I had when I was a child and still comes out each week for baking recipes or for pancake mixture etc.

I think the above close up photo will be my POTD - but I like the one below because it reminds me that we still have not yet got the kitchen tiled - 12 months later!!

Taking these photos prompted me to have a look through them and I have found a lovely recipe for a cheesecake - so I may try that tomorrow, which will give the family a treat and me a photo for the day!

5 comments:

VickiA said...

OOh, I see you have one of my favourite cookbooks - NL's Nigella Bites. I made the meatballs and pasta from that on saturday and I LOVE the chocolate cake recipe in it. The best one I have ever tasted.

Coffeedoff said...

Great idea for a photo!

Karen said...

Snap - I collect cookery books but very rarely make anything from them. Great idea for a photo.

Karen said...

Oooo just seen you have Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book. That's one that I do use - Sunday Best Chocolate Fudge Cake was one of my POTD last week albeit with buttercream rather than fudge icing. LOL

Linda said...

What would we do without our trusty GH cookery book! I have one I bought when we got married that I still use regularly!