Today's plans for a nice cool photo have gone awry!
I had a really good idea - go somewhere to get an ice cream and do a geocache as well - a walk up the Wrekin. But unfortunately when we got to the halfway up cafe it was shut!! It was a very warm afternoon to be walking up such a high hill - but there was a slight breeze at the top which helped a little. So no nice cool ice lolly photo - just a hot & sweaty hubby - not what I had in mind at all. Never mind we found a nice sneaky geocache and I have a good excuse to go looking for an ice lolly for tomorrow's photo.
I actually quite like this photo of Steven as it has - if you look very carefully - the steaming Buildwas power station cooling towers in the background.
It was so hot that there was a heat haze at the top - but you can see how lovely are Shropshire fields are.
The Wrekin stands 1335 feet high!



3 comments:
Great photos Deb. Shame about the cafe being shut.
yes, those fields are lovely-enjoy your ice lolly tomorrow-and my thistle was shot squatting-not very elegant though!!
Crikey I bet you were fed up that the cafe was shut - great views!!!
Post a Comment