Monday, 23 March 2009

21st & 22nd March photos

No blogging done this weekend as Steven & I were away doing something rather novel - signing on the dotted line for a new caravan!


I think this is Steven's mid life crisis - I suppose its preferable to another woman or a fast car! He has been hankering after one for 12 months but I have not been so keen, but I finally relented after speaking to one of my friends. She said to go for it now - you don't know what is around the corner. She & her husband had made lots of plans of what they were going to do in his retirement - only for him to die 2 years before he retired and none of those plans fulfilled. This made me think and she is right - we only have one life so we should live it.

So this weekend we became the proud owners of this caravan at Clarach Bay in Wales. As you can see it overlooks the sea which is lovely - but is also quite noisy. The crashing waves woke us bright & early Sunday morning.


This is the view from the bench at the front of the caravan - roll on warmer weather so we can sit outside and enjoy the view.


This is a close view of the beach - it is mostly sand but at one end are layers of stratified rock which are very dynamic to look at.

But it makes the most lovely rock pools to play about in.

In the afternoon we had a wonder about the beach and site looking for photos for Sunday 21st and I think it will be one of these final 3.

This wooden fence over the river to the sea.

These beautiful stones on the beach.

Or this strange coloured seaweed.

1 comment:

Coffeedoff said...

what lovely photos, such ordinary things, yet so interesting to look at.