The sun was shinning today so the walking boots were back on - it felt strange not going out yesterday!
I took photos of some the places I visited and what a variation - canals, meres, castles, rolling countryside and a telescope!

This is the picture I have chosen for photo of the day - the sign post for Ellesmere - usually these are quite dull & boring but I think this one is great. Ellesmere is a lovely little town with a lovely canal and lots of meres (small lakes) which attract lots of wildlife and water sports enthusiasts.
This is the water at Blake Mere where I started the Suduko geocaches.
This is the castle at Whittington - found one cache here, but not another I was looking for.
A huge telescope at Knockin - I did not even know it was here. Apparently it is managed by Manchester University and is linked to a few others dotted around the country, including Joddrell Bank.
The beautiful rolling countryside of Shropshire.
And finally the sun glinting on the Montgomery canal
2 comments:
What lovely countryside. I love the town sign, too.
Love the pics Deb..were you tempted to re visit the craft shop in Ellesmere??
xx
Post a Comment