My photo of the day is this gorgeous shot of a mountain just outside Betws y Coed (either the one above or below) - I don't think its Snowdon, as it seemed too close - though I may be wrong. I was doing my first cache, which was a forest walk and suddenly I turned a corner and was greeted with this most amazing sight. It cheered me up no end and I smiled all the way back to the car from the joy of such a view. The sky was a gorgeous bright blue colour - which does not show up on the photo - I think it is time to invest in a polarising filter for my camera now - as I am hoping to have lots more photos like this over the summer - so it should be a good investment.
After that I did a cache in a secluded wood full of bluebells and at the end of it were these 2 fab waterfalls. The sun was shinning through the leaves, filtering the light down onto the water - it looked really special - but my camera could not capture it - perhaps I need another type of filter as well for sunny conditions like this?
Then I did a cache in a pretty little village of Llanrwst - which I have never visited before. It was a nice river walk to show off this bridge built by Inigo Jones in 1636. It s beautiful bridge to look at, but not so nice to drive over - the 'hump' is rather high!
I also did 4 caches in looking at the old mine workings in one of the forests. They were really interesting but hard work on the legs. This picture of me is trying to show how huge the entrance to this mine is - its massive and you can walk inside - at your own risk!
This cache involved walking the plank - a bit of fun really to reach the cache on the other side.



4 comments:
Gorgeous photos deb..looks like you had a great day out!!
Ali
wow looks like you had a suoper day out! Love all those photos, gorgeous views!
More stunning photos Deb. Gorgeous scenery.
Great photos
Post a Comment