The University was built in the 1960's so a lot of Concrete in the centre, like these World famous Zuggerats (accommodation) which are now Grade 2 listed.
But the later building show great architectural flair especially the curved accommodation blocks, like Jessica's here which overlook the lake.
The lake is a huge expanse of water with lovely walks all around it. This bridge here was a great sneaky place for a cache and I did not get wet luckily, even though the cache was hidden underneath it!
As well as the lake there are lovely woodlands and the bluebells are still in bloom.
It also has a secret garden! Jess has been here for 3 years and I did not know it was here until someone hid a geocache in it and I came to find it. It is a beautiful little oasis of calm and I sat and enjoyed a little quiet time in the sunshine here.
UEA campus is home to the Sainsbury Art gallery - a very modern piece of architecture but it was not open today so that is on my list of things to do on my final visit here in June.
Jessica's school of study is the Queens Building - another beautifully designed light and airy building - it was this building and the sports park (with its 50m swimming pool)that made up our minds that UEA would be the perfect place for Jess to study at.



1 comment:
What a lovely campus. Such a beautiful place to study.
Post a Comment