Its Vaughan Williams - A London Symphony and I adore it, I listen to it over and over again. This recording is rather special as his late widow Ursula, gave permission for the performance and recording of the original 1913 version of The London Symphony (Symphony No. 2) to be made just once - so this is likely to be the only chance to hear it as VW first intended. The second & fourth movements are my favorite and at 16 & 18 minutes respectively - which is a lovely long time of bliss.
My Father always said the best way to appreciate music is to block out all your other senses, so that you can just absorb it totally - it so true - so I just close my eyes (not when I am driving !) and let it all sink in.



1 comment:
Great idea for a photo.
Post a Comment