Wednesday, 27 May 2009

27th may photo - woe is me

oh dear how much bad luck can a girl have? What with the mud incident, getting lost in the woods incident and my numb foot - I am in the wars again - this time I have injured my ankle! I fell yesterday out walking on the top of a hill and I am hoping that it is just a really bad sprain and not broken. So today I am laid up in bed resting!!

I had got two Travel Bugs which wanted to be placed in caches on summits - I had 2 lovely mountains in Wales in mind that I wanted to put them in - so just to make sure that I was ready to start mountain walking again - I thought I would try out a medium sized hill on The Brieddens yesterday. I clearly am not ready to start again, as I fell and hurt my ankle very badly. Luckily I had both my walking poles with me so I could hobble down supported. I ended up leaving these 2 travel bugs at the cache on this hill - not as high as they wanted but with gorgeous views over to the Welsh Mountains that they do want to get to.

This is what I thought yesterday's photo would have been - Rodneys Pillar - not a beach photo! I am blaming Steven for my accident as he rang me when I was up here, saying he wanted to leave now to go to Bournemouth and where was I? So I had to rush to get back home and in my rush to find a quicker route back down, fell - so its all his fault! Anyway I drove 4 hours to Bournemouth and half the way back, hobbled around the beach and by the time we got home just after midnight I was in agony and my ankle was twice the size it should be. I have had it in this support overnight and the swelling has come down a bit and it is not quite so painful - I will see how the day goes but tomorrow's photo may be me in the X -ray dept. seeing if it is broken or not!!

here are some more of photos that I thought I would be posting yesterday.

not far to the top from here.

Fantastic views from the top - they never look as good through a lens.


The Welsh Mountains - where I won't be going for a while!

4 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Sorry about your ankle but beautiful photos. Hope it feels better soon!

Linda said...

awww, Deb, hope your ankle recovers quickly! Fabulous photos though!

joanold said...

Oh, poor you. I hope the ankle is not going to delay your return to the mountains by too long. I love your photos - makes me feel I'm there with you.

Karen said...

On no Deb. You don't seem to be having much luck lately. Hope the ankle is better soon so you can get back outside exploring the countryside again.