Today Thelma & I ventured over to Staffordshire, to walk along the canal there (and do 7 geocaches!) We visited 2 canals - the Staffs & Worcs Canal which was lively & thriving and the the Hatherton canal which is not navigable and a bit unloved - but it was on this second canal that we saw most wildlife.
Today's photo is this butterfly - which amazingly stayed still long enough for me to capture this shot.
I was really after a photo of a heron which we saw - but he kept tantalising us, because as soon as we got close to him he would fly away, about a 50 feet along the canal as if to say - 'see if you can get me here' and of course I never did - this is the best shot of him - with T's back taking up most of the shot!
This is the difference in the two canals - this one above is the one left to nature and the one below left to humans! Both equally as nice in their own way.


There was plenty of other wildlife to see - a field of bullocks - he looks cute here - but wasn't so when the whole herd were charging around the field!
I really like this shot of a dried thistle - but I need it the other way for my POTD
and this way does not look as impressive.



1 comment:
How could something so cute grow up to be a terrifying monster!
Post a Comment