
Back to Telford again this evening to do a nice little geocache. This one has been on my to do list for ages but the square where it is hidden is always thronging with people and I did not want any people getting in the way of this lovely sculpture and spoiling my photos - so waited until evening (19.30hrs) and the place was deserted, so I was able to take photos and find the geocache without anyone else about.

As usual - I have taken far too many photos - these are the ones I like the best so will choose one from these.

The man in the sculpture is Thomas Telford the famous engineer and builder of roads, canals and bridges and from where the new town of Telford got its name. This square is quite high up and overlooks the town - so I like this photo of Thomas Telford standing and looking over his town.
5 comments:
fab photos of a fab statue! I love the one where it is reflected in the water.
Lovely photos, Looks an interesting place.
Greta photos - we have a Thomas Telford bridge close by in Craigellachie.
What a wonderful statue. Such a natural pose
I LOVE that statue. So imaginative - especially like how Telford is leaning on the letters and his coat hung up.
Post a Comment