No geocaching today just a nice walk (4 hours!) over the Stiperstones. Julie & her daughter Kate joined Thelma & I today, so that her dog could and Mollie could socialise.

Today's photo was taken by Julie's daughter - who kept us entertained by asking 'how much longer?' Actually she did really well as it is quite a steep climb at the start of the walk.

At the bottom of the Stiperstones is the village of Snailbeach - where there are the remains of a working lead mine which closed in about 1912. They open to visitors each weekend in the summer and I really should go and have a look - but I am not too keen on going below ground in confined spaces - but the workers had to do it each day.

Some of the remains of the workings of the mine.


We finished the walk by this lovely but remote chapel.
The Stiperstones are quite renowned for their geology and rock formations like these are dotted all over the hills.


Even the dogs got a bit puffed as it became quite warm later on, with Aeofa laying down to protest - until she had a drink - then she got her legs back again.


As my blog does not seem to manage without a bit of nature thrown in these days here are some beautiful flowers Aubretia - I think

And some frog spawn in Thelma's pond in her garden.

No comments:
Post a Comment