Sunday, 26 April 2009

26th April photo - back among the mountains!

Not walking them unfortunatley, but still close enough to amire their magic.
Steven's birthday clebrations continued today with me taking him to Snowdonia for his other big birthday present - a weeks kyaking course at Plas Y Brenin. We hope that he will come back competent and safe to go out kyaking on the sea at the caravan.
This is the lake at the centre where they practice - after getting the basics in the heated indoor pool. Once they are deemed safe on the lake they move to a nearby river and then by the end of the week - the open sea! Its not my cup of tea as I get too travel sick on the water - but he really enjoyed it when he kyaked in the sea at St Lucia - I think the sea was a bit warmer there though!


These are the mountains surrounding the centre - it is set in a beautiful area - I am so jealous that he gets to spend a whole week there.


After I had dropped him off I got my GPS out and found that there were a few caches around by the centre so I spent some time finding these and admiring the views and desperately hoping that I will be back walking in them very soon. Just look at this inviting path heading up the hill from this lake!

I grabbed a random stanger to take my photo at this Earth cache - you have to post your photo to prove you have been there!



Its not just the mountains that are beautiful here - the lakes are just as lovely and I spent a while just sitting beside these contemplating and watching the world go by.

3 comments:

joanold said...

Beautiful scenery. Hope your husband has a good week after his party celebrations.

Linda said...

oh that looks gorgeous! Hope he enjoys his week!

Karen said...

Lucky hubby and what gorgeous scenery. Stunning place to take photographs.