Thursday, 30 April 2009

30th April photo - new GPS

Thelma & I have been out walking again today. We did a seven mile hike along the Darnford Walk in the Shropshire Hills around Ratlinghope and we were able to do 2 geocaches as well.
I was strict with myself and decided not to take too many photos today - as it is so hard to choose just one - so todays photo is our GPS's.


We have both just bought new ones - the Garmin Oregon - which is meant to be an all singing all dancing version. But I am still getting used to mine. We had our old Garmin Venture Etrex ones for a year now and they did us very well - but with these new ones - all the information about the caches is contained within the unit, so we don't need to print out tons & tons of paper info for each cache - so it should save me money - by using less paper & ink - well thats what I am telling Steven! You can't see the screens very well in the photo and in fact they are quite hard to see in real life and if the sun is shinning - its hopeless - so they are not perfect by any means.
Just 2 photos of me with the caches we found along the route.

No comments: