Sunday, 5 April 2009

5th April photo - carrot & corriander soup

This is what we have just had for our tea tonight - homemade carrot & coriander soup and nice crusty bread.
It is very easy to make:

4 large carrots

1 large sweet potato

2 white onions

2 sticks celery

1 pack of coriander - stalks only in soup - you can add some chopped leaves on top for decoration if you want

100gm of ground almonds

2 tablespoons of Bouillon powder

salt & pepper

1.25 litres of boiling water
Chop the vegetables roughly and add to a large saucepan containing the water. Add Bouillon powder and S & P and coriander stalks. Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes - without lid. remove from heat and blend together. Add pack of ground almonds and blend a little more. Serve.
And before some publishers get me for infringement - I must add this recipe is not my own but one from Gillian Mckeiths - 'you are what you eat' recipe book.
I was hoping to post a picture of the lemon drizzle cake I made after being inspired by Jo's delicious looking one - but unfortunately it sank in the middle! We managed to rescue the outside bits - but I need a bit more practice before I can show my attempts at one of these.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds yummy Deb and great photo.

joanold said...

Have only ever tried a tinned version of this soup but the recipe looks nice and easy so will give it a go.