Today's photo could have been lovely - if only I had remembered to switch the camera back to auto after experimenting with shutter speeds this morning - which didn't work and I did forget, so all the afternoon photos are pretty rubbish !! I have had to do quite a lot of work in PSE - to actually get them visible - so apologies for the quality.
It is so frustrating because today I visited a unique place in Welsh history - Rhiwddolion - which was once a quarrying community between 1850s and 1914, with its own school and chapel, accommodation for quarrymen, and a number of small farms, but when the quarrying industry collapsed it became depopulated and Rhiwddolion became another of Wales' ghost villages.
These 2 cottages - well 1 cottage and 1 chapel - which have been restored and are available as a weekly holiday let! The place is so remote that they would make a lovely romantic getaway - I might even cancel my romantic break to Venice later in the year - to come here!!



2 comments:
What an interesting place. I would love to walk around the old cottages, making up stories about the lives of the inhabitants.
I love places like this - love social history.
Post a Comment