Tuesday, 21 April 2009

21st April photo - tumbling tomatoes

Today I planted up my outdoor tumbling tomatoes - so it was an easy choice of photo for today.


I bought this outdoor wall hanging planter many years ago now and its great because a grow bag fits into it perfectly. At first I used to fill it with flowers - but once we discovered tumbling tomatoes that was it - each year now we have a bumper crop of yummy tomatoes. They grow really well because the garden is south facing and this wall gets sunshine on it all day long.

Here's hoping for bumper crop of tomatoes and another photo oportunity in the summer.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That planter is fantastic ... never seen one like it ... brilliant for tumbling tomatoes

joanold said...

What a brilliant idea. I'venever heard of tumbling tomatoes. I suppose you could grow them in a hanging basket. I must look out for some as I have 6 empty brackets to fill.